There is more goodness in the humble papaya than we can think of. In fact it happens to top the list of most nutritious fruits. It is extremely rich in vitamins C & A, papaya also has folate, fiber, magnesium, potassium, copper and pantothenic acid. A bowl of papaya everyday takes care of your skin, hair, stomach, heart, blood, bones and other organs as well.
Here are top 6 reasons you must have a bowl of papaya every day.
1) Helps digestion – Papaya facilitates natural digestion and helps in preventing constipation. Also known to help in preventing colon cancer, folate, vitamin C, beta-carotene and vitamin E in the fruit help in binding cancer-causing toxins in the colon thus also assisting smooth digestion.
2) Protects the heart – An excellent source of vitamins C & A, papayas are also good source of fiber and help lower high cholesterol levels.
3) Supports the immune system – The vitamins C & A present in papaya help boost our immune system and also help in preventing colds & flu.
4) Has anti-inflammatory effects – Enzymes like papain and chymopapainpresent in papaya lower inflammation and help healing burns. Also present in the fruit are beta-carotene and vitamin A, which also assist in reducing inflammation.
5) Good for skin – Papaya is probably the best ingredient to make face packs. It helps in getting rid of acne and skin infections by opening clogged pores. The fermented flesh of this fruit, which is called thepapain, helps make the skin glow by dissolving the dead cells. Papaya alsohelps in controlling premature ageing.
6) Assists weight loss- Low in calories and high on nutritional content, papaya is a boon for weight loss.
A bowl of Papaya a day keeps all diseases at bay!
If you have any further questions, please click on ‘Consult.
If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Pay us a visit at http://www.mohassin.wordpress.com